The second of the people focussed CDs expands on the first, this time exploring how businesses like Tesco and Arcadia deal with recruitment and development in 19 unique case studies. Your teacher can opt for the ‘Network Licence’ option to make sure your whole school or university can get access to the e-book.
The case studies benefit all business studies students, so whether you’re new to your GSCE’s or in the middle of a degree, the e-book is a relevant and useful learning tool. There’s studies on training and development within different companies, giving you a real insight into the corporate world that helps support the curriculum.
You don’t just have to use the CD in the classroom or library, you can choose the ‘Single user Licence’ and use it from the comfort of your own home.
- Recruiting, selecting and training entrepreneurial managers
As a result of carefully reading the Case Study, Students should be able to: identify Arcadia’s main brands; explain the meaning of management and explain different styles of management.
- The recruitment, selection and training of people at Arcadia
This case study helps students understand recruitment, selection, training and development.
- Using effective recruitment to retain competitive advantage
This case study explains the importance of employee recruitment procedures as a means of maintaining competitive advantage.
- Recruitment and selection at Enterprise Rent-A-Car
This case study explores how Enterprise ensures it has the right people and skills to achieve its business aims and objectives.
- Recruiting, selecting and training for success
This case study outlines the key stages and processes involved in a recruitment process and why McDonald’s places high emphasis on its people and the recruitment.
- Recruitment and selection in the energy industry
This case study focuses on how ScottishPower manages its recruitment and selection processes to attract people with relevant skills and competencies into the energy industry.
- Recruitment and selection at Tesco
This case study looks at how Tesco ensures it has the right number of people in the right jobs and at its structured process for recruitment and selection.
- Business expansion through training and development
s training and development programmes help ensure its employees have the skills and competencies that the business requires both now and in the future.
- Meeting business needs through training and development
This case study focuses on ASDA's training and development programmes, enabling its General Store Managers (GSMs) to develop the skills and experience they need to become Regional Operations Managers (ROMs) and senior leaders.
- Developing people through training
The case study will show how training and development is central to the work of the Forestry Commission and how it benefits the career development of its people.
- Developing a career path in retail
This case study shows how Harrods develops its employees so they can achieve a rewarding career in retail.
- The role of training and development in career progression
This case study shows how training and development support new business strategies and company values and help a company to cope with change.
- Developing skills in a large organisation through training and development
This case study outlines how training and development ensures employees have appropriate skills to meet the current and future needs of the organisation.
- Managing change through training and development
This case study examines the role of people in improving the rail network and the British economy.
- Training and development at NDA
This case study shows how NDA has put a training and development strategy in place to ensure it has the best employees to help deliver its mission.
- Apprenticeship training within the steel industry
s apprenticeship programme, drawing on the experiences of three current apprentices. It also considers the broader training challenge for a modern engineering business such as SFIL.
- Training and development as a strategy for growth
This case study shows how Siemens manages its ongoing need for skills and the contribution that training and development makes to its business growth.
- How training and development supports business growth
This case study looks at how Tesco provides training and development opportunities for its employees.
Note: If you would like to add the contents of this CD ROM to your school or university network then please select the 'Network licence' option. If this is for your own personal use please select the 'Single user licence' option.
People CD ROM - Volume 2
- Brand: Business Case Studies
- Product Code: cd-rom-topic-People-volume-2
- Availability: In Stock