This e-book gathers up all 37 environmentally focused case studies in one handy place, making sure you have all you need to wrap your head around the environmental side of the curriculum. Your teacher can opt for the ‘Network Licence’ to make sure your entire school or university can access the e-book.
There’s plenty of info on offer, from the business cycle to fiscal policy, PEST analysis and many more. All the studies have been written alongside businesses in an open and easy-to-read way that marks out the volume out from other curriculum related resources.
It doesn’t matter whether you’ve only just started your GSCEs or if you’re halfway through a degree, the info inside the case studies is helpful and relevant, helping you to exceed in your exams. The e-book is a useful revision tool and a great way to get a group engaged in business.
- Working within the business cycle
This case study illustrates how building societies manage their business during the various phases of the business cycle.
- Decision making across the business cycle
The case study illustrates how management accountants support business decision making during all the stages of the business cycle.
- Managing firms through the business cycle
This case study examines how Davis Service Group, one of Britain's key service companies, has managed the recent change in the business cycle.
- Planning and the business cycle
This case study helps students understand the business cycle and how companies manage risk and investment by understanding the external environment.
- Helping individuals and companies that are in financial difficulties
This case study identifies key functions of the Insolvency Service, a public body and defines the terms: insolvency, bankrupt, administration, and liquidation.
- Meeting and exceeding consumer protection laws to drive competitive advantage
This case study helps students understand consumer protection and how companies need to exceed legal requirements in competitive market places.
- Responding to a changing marketing environment
This case study explains that Cass heritage is based on a combination of technical excellence in the development and production of oils and a focus on meeting the needs of customers.
- Strategic planning - responding to external influences
This case study helps students understand how effective planning is developed by understanding changes in the external environment.
- How Lloyd's responds to changes in the business environment
This case study explains that the business environment is uncertain and volatile and that businesses cannot avoid taking risks.
- How HMRC collects tax revenue to support government policy
This case study describes the role of HMRC in managing taxation and how this supports Government financial policies.
- Meeting global and local needs
This case study helps students understand companies by meeting needs across markets.
- Embracing and pursuing change
This case study shows how AEGON has responded to its changing business environment to achieve its goals.
- Using skills to respond to the external environment
This case study illustrates how Logica monitors its external environment using PEST analysis to adapt its own business and generate innovative and unique solutions for its clients.
- Managing external influences
This case study looks at how PESTEL analysis helps a business to identify which factors in its business environment may be threats or opportunities and to plan for them.
- Highways Agency - PEST analysis
This case study looks at the political, economic, social and technological factors that impact on the Highways Agency.
- Responding to changes in the market environment
This case study reviews the external factors that have had an impact on Jessops' operations and strategy.
- Using PEST analysis to identify external influences
This case study focuses on the work of the LSC and illustrates what factors affect its performance and how it responds to these factors.
- Use of PEST analysis at UNISON
This case study focuses on the issues faced by migrant workers in the UK.
- Using PESTEL to design effective strategies
This case study describes how PESTEL analysis helps Network Rail to respond to changes in its business environment.
- Intellectual property and the external environment
The role of the IPO is to help manage intellectual property rights to encourage innovation and creativity. Like all business, it needs to take account of and respond to influences in the external environment.
- How McCain responds to changes in the external environment
This case study highlights how use of a SLEPT analysis helps a company respond to changes in its external environment and remain competitive.
- Feeding and fuelling the world through technology
This case study looks at how Syngenta (one of the world's leading plant science businesses) is meeting the dual challenge of increasing crop yield and producing alternative fuels.
- Using technology to improve economies
This case study highlights Vodafone's activities in different types of economies and the impact of technology on both developed and developing markets.
- The contribution of accountants to ethical business practice
This case study explains the nature and purpose of accounting, demonstrating the role of professional accountants in managing information and using knowledge for decision-taking purposes.
- Business ethics and corporate social responsibility
This case study shows the challenges Anglo American faces in its industry and how it seeks to make ethical choices in its business practice.
- Ethical business practices
This case study explains what is meant by ethical behaviour within business and describes the broad-ranging benefits of ethical behaviour in which Cadbury Schweppes behaves ethically towards its stakeholders.
- Business Principles in action - nutritional labelling
This case study shows how market research has helped Nestlé understand what consumers wanted to know about their products. This has enabled Nestlé to exercise corporate responsibility and demonstrate its business principles.
- Providing customers with ethically sourced garments
This case study shows how Primark sources the clothes it sells in its shops in an ethical and fair way, often at added cost to itself.
- Business ethics and sustainability in the steel industry
This case study looks at how Tata Steel is committed to environmentally-sound practices and tackling the challenges of sustainability.
- Developing and implementing a strategic approach to business
This case study explains the importance of ethics and how a strategic approach to ethics is more likely to be effective.
- Meeting global responsibilities by caring for communities
This case study explains the meaning of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and demonstrates the importance to business of being involved with communities on a local and global scale.
- Creating a corporate social responsibility strategy
This case study helps students understand strategies for meeting stakeholders' needs.
- Corporate social responsibility
This case study describes how the work Amway does with UNICEF supports its Corporate Social Responsibility strategy.
- Working for sustainable development in primary industry
This case study helps students understand sustainability, stakeholders and ethics as well as the links between these topics.
- Nutrition, Health & Wellness - New product development at Nestle
This case study helps students understand how companies research, develop and launch new products.
- Creating Shared Value in the supply chain
This case study demonstrates how Nestlé creates shared value within its cocoa supply chain to enhance the lives of cocoa farmers whilst also improving the quality of its products for consumers.
- Beyond corporate responsibility
This case study looks at Primarks involvement in the HERproject (Health Enables Returns) which is raising awareness and delivering healthcare education to female workers in supplier countries.
The Environment Collection Business Case Studies eBook
- Brand: Business Case Studies
- Product Code: ebook-topic-the-environment-collection
- Availability: In Stock