- Continuous improvement - the Corus way
This case study helps students understand how companies train, develop and communicate with staff to delivery continuous improvement.
- Continuous improvement as a business strategy
This case study focuses on the process of Continuous Improvement (CI) at the CCI steel plate manufacturing mill at Scunthorpe. It shows how Corus is finding new ways of achieving its objectives from existing resources.
- Product development through continuous improvement
This case study focuses on how Corus used its knowledge and experience of continuous improvement (CI) to win new business.
- Continuous improvement within an organisation
This case study looks at how the use of Kaizen can achieve improved productivity and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Creating a sustainable chocolate industry
This case study explains BCCCA’s role in providing a focus for UK chocolate manufacturers to work together on non-competitive issues.
- Combining factors of production to achieve growth objectives
This case study identifies the four factors of production, the importance to the nature of enterprise and its central role in producing goods and services efficiently.
- Investing in safety
This case study shows how FirstGroup, the world’s leading transport company, has developed a culture of safety.
- Adding value through health and safety
This case study explains in detail how Portakabin implements health and safety policy and highlights the benefits this brings to the business.
- Health and safety in the workplace
This case study helps students understand the role of unions and their role in Health and Safety.
- Success through managing quality, safety, customer service and cost
This case study helps students understand operations management – balancing safety, quality, customer service and cost.
- Competitive advantage through efficiency
This case study will demonstrate how Aldi uses a lean approach to its business operations to offer its customers quality products at competitive prices.
- Becoming a lean service organisation
This case study shows how the process of reform (using lean production principles) is helping the Legal Services Commission to cut down on any wasteful expenditure.
- Lean production at Portakabin
This case study focuses on how Portakabin uses lean production methods to ensure it produces a quality product that gives value to the customer.
- The importance of sustainable purchasing and supply
This case study explores the role of purchasing and supply in the oil and gas industry.
- Managing stock to meet customer needs
This case study shows how important effective management of stock is for an organisation in both meeting customer needs and controlling costs.
- Supporting agriculture to create sustainable development
This case study helps students understand why a sustainable supply chain is important for manufacturers.
- Building a sustainable supply chain
This case study looks in detail how IKEA has achieved its aim to be a responsible business in each of the three sectors of the supply chain.
- Supply chain from manufacturing to shelf
This case study shows how Kellogg's fulfils this mission in the later parts of the supply chain from manufacturing to shelf.
- Managing the supply chain to meet customer needs
This case study focuses on how the second largest grocery brand in the UK - Warburtons - manages its supply chain.
Operations Business Case Studies Volume 1 eBook
- Brand: Business Case Studies
- Product Code: ebook-topic-operations-volume-1
- Availability: In Stock