The second of the operations volumes compliments the first with a further 19 case studies to help you during your GSCEs, A-levels or degree. Teachers can make sure students across your school or university get the benefits of the e-book by picking the ‘Network Licence’.
This volume looks more at the importance of customer service and how many of the most successful businesses are customer savvy. Operations can be one of the harder aspects of the curriculum to wrap your head around, but the e-book offers all the info you need in a friendly, easy-to-digest format.
What makes this e-book different from other curriculum related sources is that you’re reading case studies written with real-world information from businesses themselves interested in getting involved in your education.
- Critical path analysis at Network Rail
This case study highlights the importance of planning for major projects and how using Critical Path Analysis contributes to efficient and effective use of resources.
- Delivering a superior customer experience
This case study examines how TNT’s Customer Promise reflects its core strategy of customer focus and aligns with its corporate values to influence the organisation’s culture.
- The importance of customer service at Enterprise Rent-A-Car
This case study demonstrates the importance and emphasis that Enterprise Rent-A-Car places on the role of excellent customer service in growing the business.
- Using customer service to position a business
This case study shows how the online bank First Direct positions itself in the retail banking sector.
- The importance of customer service
This case study explains what and illustrates what is meant by a customer focused culture through using examples of how Homebase employees operate.
- The importance of excellent customer service
This case study helps students appreciate that in order to maintain a steady level of success businesses need to nurture a decent relationship with its customers.
- Sustainable performance in the construction industry
This case study examines how CEMEX locates and carries out its operations in a sustainable way.
- Locating a business to enhance the customer experience
This case study focuses on how Enterprise Rent-A-Car decides where to locate its new or relocated branches.
- New technology development in the primary sector
This case study focuses on how Anglo American carries out new product and process development.
- Developing new products
This case study outlines key stages in new product development, differentiating between qualitative and quantitative market research and explain the significance of market segments.
- Using innovation to create competitive advantage
The case study focuses on how innovation can be utilised in order to gain an advantage over competitors in any given market or industry.
- Implementing quality systems
The case study showcases Bs role in creating standards for products (including materials, hardware, software and services), processes and systems.
- The importance of quality in creating competitive advantage
This case study explains how the ability to provide quality consistently gives some companies competitive advantage and demonstrates the importance of offering customers high quality service.
- Creating quality customer care
This case study examines how Zurich brings quality to life in the care it provides for its customers every day.
- How innovation drives research and development
This case study will look at the processes of research and development (R&D) at ARM and show how these support the company’s leading market position.
- Taking a long-term view - developing fuels for the future
This case study demonstrates why businesses take a long-term view of sustainable business practice and investment.
- Using research and development to improve agricultural productivity
This case study looks at the research and development (R&D) process as part of product development and its importance to environmental sustainability.
- Product design through research and development
This case study shows how research and development (R&D) is central to building Syngenta's product range.
- Quality through standards
This case study helps students understand the importance of quality and how standards help organisations delivery quality.
Operations Business Case Studies Volume 2 eBook
- Brand: Business Case Studies
- Product Code: ebook-topic-operations-volume-2
- Availability: In Stock