- Working within the business cycle
This case study illustrates how building societies manage their business duing the various phases of the buiness cycle.
- Decision making across the business cycle
The case study illustrates how management accountants support business decision makingdurng all the stages of the business cycle.
- Managing firms through the business cycle
This case study examines how Davis Service Group, one of Britian's key service companies, has managed the recen change in the business cycle.
- Planning and the business cycle
This case study helps students understand the business cycle and how companies manage risk and investment by undersanding the external envionment.
- Helping individuals and companies that are in financial difficulties
This case study demonstrates that the fear of failure and insolvency can be a major inhibitor of entrepreneurship.
- Meeting and exceeding consumer protection laws to drive competitive advantage
This case study helps students understnd consumer protection and how companies need to exceed legal requiremets in competitive marke places.
- Responding to a changing marketing environment
This case study looks at Castrol’s heritage of technical excellence in the development and production of oils and their focus on meeting the needs of customers.
- Strategic planning - responding to external influences
This case study helps students understand how effective planning is developed by understanding changes in the external environment.
- How Lloyd's responds to changes in the business environment
As a result of reading the Case Study, students should be able to: understand that the business environment is uncertain and volatile; know that businesses cannot avoid taking risks and that businesses and households obtaining insurance cover against risk.
- How HMRC collects tax revenue to support government policy
This case study describes the role of HMRC in managing taxation and how this supports Government financial policies.
- Meeting global and local needs
This case study helps students understand companies by meeting needs across markets.
- Embracing and pursuing change
This case study shows how AEGON has responded to its changing business environment to achieve its goals.
- Using skills to respond to the external environment
This case study illustrates how Logica monitors its external environment using PEST analysis to adapt its own business and generate innovative and unique solutions for its clients.
- Managing external influences
This case study looks at how PESTEL analysis helps a business to identify which factors in its business environment may be threats or opportunities and to plan for them.
- Highways Agency - PEST analysis
This case study looks at the political, economic, social and technological factors that impact on the Highways Agency.
- Responding to changes in the market environment
This case study reviews the external factors that have had an impact on Jessops' operations and strategy.
- Using PEST analysis to identify external influences
This case study focuses on the work of the LSC and illustrates what factors affect its performance and how it responds to these factors.
- Use of PEST analysis at UNISON
This case study focuses on the issues faced by migrant workers in the UK.
- Using PESTEL to design effective strategies
This case study describes how PESTEL analysis helps Network Rail to respond to changes in its business environment.
- Intellectual property and the external environment
The role of the IPO is to help manage intellectual property rights to encourage innovation and creativity. Like all business, it needs to take account of and respond to influences in the external environment.
- How McCain responds to changes in the external environment
This case study highlights how use of a SLEPT analysis helps a company respond to changes in its external environment and remain competitive.
- Feeding and fuelling the world through technology
This case study looks at how Syngenta (one of the world's leading plant science businesses) is meeting the dual challenge of increasing crop yield and producing alternative fuels.
- Using technology to improve economies
This case study highlights Vodafone's activities in different types of economies and the impact of technology on both developed and developing markets.
External Environment Business Case Studies Volume 1 eBook
- Brand: Business Case Studies
- Product Code: ebook-topic-environment-volume-1
- Availability: In Stock