- Competitive advantage through efficiency
This case study will demonstrate how Aldi uses a lean approach to its business operations to offer its customers quality products at competitive prices.
- Adding value through asset optimisation
This case study shows how Anglo American ensures it operates in the most efficient way possible. Since 2008 Anglo American has been able to deliver on its stated target of saving $1 billion from core operations by 2011.
- Motivation within an innovative work environment
This case study will analyse motivational theory in the context of the employees of ARM Holdings PLC.
- Meeting business needs through training and development
This case study focuses on how ASDA's training and development programmes enable its General Store Managers (GSMs) to develop the skills and experience needed to become future Regional Operations Managers and senior leaders.
- Communicating with stakeholders
This case study explores how Bernard Matthews has addressed the challenges of communicating with its customers and other important stakeholders.
- Roles, responsibilities and career development
This roles and responsibilities case study illustrates the variety of career paths available within British Gas, the structures that employees work within and the levels of responsibility for each role.
- Stakeholders as partners
This case study shows how BT engages with its stakeholders. It explains how the company is working with different stakeholder groups to reduce the environmental impact of its operations.
- Sustainable performance in the construction industry
This case study examines how CEMEX locates and carries out its operations in a sustainable way.
- Decision making across the business cycle
The case study illustrates how management accountants support business decision making during all the stages of the business cycle.
- Using teamwork to build a better workplace
This case study illustrates how CMI, by training managers and leaders, supports the work of effective team-working within the workplace.
- Locating a business to enhance the customer experience
This case study focuses on how Enterprise Rent-A-Car decides where to locate its new or relocated branches.
- Calculating and managing risk
This study examines how Eurostar proactively manages risk through its business continuity programmes.
- Using promotion to position a brand
This case study illustrates how Hi-Tec Sports developed a new approach to promoting its brand positioning and engaging with customers through a viral marketing campaign.
- Creating a winning marketing mix
This case study describes how JD, a large and well-known retailer, manages the balance of its marketing mix around its consumers' needs in order to achieve business growth.
- Responding to changes in the market environment
This case study reviews the external factors that have had an impact on Jessops' operations and strategy.
- Building a better workplace through motivation
This case study focuses on how Kellogg's motivates its people. It illustrates how the use of motivational techniques helps to develop the business as a ‘great place to work’.
- Using sports marketing to engage with consumers
This case study illustrates how Kia, a South Korean motor company, has used sports marketing to develop its brand identity in the European motor market.
- Developing competitive advantage through customer service
This case study shows how Morrisons uses customer service to differentiate itself from its competitors, motivate its colleagues and help the business to grow.
- Roles and responsibilities
This case study demonstrates how the right people with the right skills ensure that the sector can maximise the recovery of the remaining oil and gas reserves as well as remaining competitive and profitable.
- Using the marketing mix to drive change
This case study explores how Parcelforce Worldwide responded to increased competition by using the marketing mix or 4Ps.
- Achieving growth through product development
This case study illustrates how Portakabin developed a range of new products called Essential Business Solutions (EBS). The purpose of EBS was to develop products that more closely meet the needs of its customers.
- Engaging with stakeholders
This case study looks at how Primark engages with some of its key external stakeholders.
- Engaging consumers through word-of-mouth marketing
This case study illustrates how Red Bull uses a range of innovative promotional techniques to improve the process of communication and drive consumer engagement and loyalty.
- Corporate Responsibility and stakeholders
This case study shows how Reed Elsevier’s business benefits from meeting the needs of all of its stakeholders.
- Investment appraisal in action
This case study looks at how in 2008 Syngenta proposed an investment in new manufacturing capacity that would allow it to increase production of Amistar. It reviews the analyses that helped the company decide whether to proceed.
- Competitive advantage through diversity
This case study demonstrates how Tarmac is benefiting from developing a diverse workforce.
- Business ethics and sustainability in the steel industry
This case study looks at how Tata Steel is committed to environmentally-sound practices and tackling the challenges of sustainability.
- Developing appropriate leadership styles
This organising people case study will show how Tesco's leadership framework is fundamental to developing the qualities of leadership needed at every level in the business.
- Delivering a business strategy
The case study explores how TNT delivers its business strategy and achieves consistently high standards of service through its people.
- Using promotion to campaign for public services
This case study focuses on how UNISON has promoted its A Million Voices for Public Services campaign. It has used a range of methods and technologies designed to reach a variety of different audiences.
- A customer-centred approach to providing insurance
This case study examines the customer-focused approach of Zurich, the insurance and financial services provider.
Edition 16 Business Case Studies eBook
- Brand: Business Case Studies
- Product Code: ebook-edition-16
- Availability: In Stock